Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Minnie Mouse Jumbo Cupcake



What you will need:
Giant Cupcake Pan
Funfetti Cake Mix (or any flavor you prefer)
Oreos
Merengue Powder
Deep Pink food coloring
Wilton white sugar pearls sprinkles
Pastry pride whipped topping (or any frosting of your choice)
White fondant
White Wilton Candy Melts
 
How to:
First, I do the cake mix by following the instructions on the box. The only thing I changed was the amount of eggs. Instead of three eggs like the box indicated I only put two eggs. (I do this to all my cakes).

 

 After I mixed all the ingredients I filled the cupcake pan as evenly as possible and put it in the oven. The pan takes more than one box, but I only put one box because I didn't want it to be too big.




 
 When the cupcake is baked. I take the white Wilton candy melts, and melt the chocolate in the microwave following the instructions that are included. Once the candy is melted I use a spatula and covered the bottom part of the cake with a layer of chocolate so it could look like a cupcake liner.


 
To make the whipped topping I thaw it for a couple hours, and then place it onto a bowl, and add a little bit of merengue powder to help make the consistency that I want it and use an electric mixer until its the way I need it. Be careful with the merengue powder because if you add too much it will get hard fast and you wont be able to use it. Once the whipped topping is done I add the food coloring and mix it until its the color that I want it.



 To cover the top of the cupcake I used a 1C tip from Wilton and a pastry bag and decorated it until it was completely covered. I then made a bow with white fondant and put it on top of the cupcake.



 
Once the bow was in the middle of the cupcake I added the white pearl sprinkles and randomly placed them all over the cupcake. After that was done, I took two oreos and place one on the right of the cupcake and one on the left to make it look like ears.


 
 My end result:


 

No comments:

Post a Comment