Thursday, June 19, 2014

Treasure Chest Cake and Cupcakes



 What you need:
  • Cake Mix
  • Loaf Pan
  • Cupcake Liners
  • Coin Chocolate Candies
  • Pirate Candles
  • Fondant (white, yellow, black)
  • Chocolate Frosting
  • Vanilla Frosting
How to:
First, I baked a couple cupcakes and the loaf pan cake, and let them cool overnight. I bought the cupcake liners at Big Lots.

Once they cooled off, I took the loaf pan and covered it in chocolate frosting. I then took some yellow fondant and wrapped it around the cake and added a lock to make it look like a treasure chest.With white fondant I made a skull and added a black background to place on the top center of the cake. I also added a map to the top.

Next, I took the cupcakes and frosted them with Pillsbury easy frost vanilla frosting.

Finally I added some candles that I found at Party City which went perfectly with the theme. On the rest of the cupcakes I added a skull made out of fondant, a map, a beer mug, and chocolate coins. I spread out the rest of the coins on the plate.


The end result:



No comments:

Post a Comment