Saturday, June 28, 2014

Beach Party Cupcakes


What you need:
Cake Mix
Brown Sugar
Frosting ( I use pastry pride whipped topping)
Mini Teddy Grahams
Life Saver Gummies
Sweet Tarts
Fruit Roll Up
Umbrella Picks
Palm Tree Picks
Blue Food Coloring

Directions:
First, I baked the cupcakes. I tried something a little different this time. I added some red velvet batter to each cupcake liner and then took a spoon and added some vanilla cake batter and placed it on top of the red velvet batter. Then, I took a toothpick and swirled them together. Then I placed them in the oven. When they were done baking I let them cool for about an hour.


Once cooled off I added some white frosting to a couple cupcakes and set them aside. I then took the remaining frosting and added some blue food coloring. I covered the rest of the cupcakes with blue frosting.
Then, I took some brown sugar and placed it on top of the white frosting cupcakes. I then placed all the cupcakes on a tray the way I wanted and began to decorate them.

To decorate the cupcakes I used the life savers as floaties, sweet tarts as beach balls, fruit roll ups as towels and float beds, and mini teddy grahams as the people. I also added some umbrella and palm tree picks to make it look more beachy.





The end result:

No comments:

Post a Comment