Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Jake the Pirate Cake



What you need:
Cake Mix
9 in. Round Cake Pan
12 in Round Cake Pan
Brown Sugar
Pastry Pride Whipped Topping
Blue Food Coloring
Yellow Fondant
Cake Toppers

How to:
First, I baked one 9 in. round cake and two 12 in. cakes and let them cool overnight.
The next day I took part of the whipped topping and added some blue food coloring and mixed it. On a separate bowl, I took the remaining of the whipped topping and added brown food coloring and mixed it together.
On the first 12 inch cake I covered it in blue frosting and then added the other 12 inch cake on top using lollipop sticks to hold it in place. Then covered the two cakes with blue frosting and added a small border around the bottom of the cake.
When that was complete I took the 9 inch pan and cut it in half. I took one half of it and placed it on top of the 12 inch cake and covered it with the brown frosting. I then placed the second half and placed it on top and covered it with brown frosting as well.
When the cakes were completely frosted I took some brown sugar and placed some on top and around the bottom cake. I then made some coins out of yellow fondant and placed them on top of the cake as well. Finally, I took the cake toppers and placed them as desired.
End Result:

No comments:

Post a Comment